Best. Motto. Ever.

Best. Motto. Ever.
You'll hear me repeat it until my dying day: "BARE FEET = HAPPY LIFE!" ...It's THAT simple!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fish Love Feet? Who Knew?! ...Jen's Guest Column, on Fish Pedicures!

In the fish world, dinner is served!
      My friend Jen Z. is a righteously cool & amazing person with an insatiable thrill for adventure & travel, and truly lives life to the absolute fullest. Many people claim to "live life to the fullest", but my great pal talks that talk, and then truly walks that walk..with gigantic, Godzilla-sized steps! You can read about her worldwide exploits & experiences at www.adventuretravelgal.com (the AdventureTravelGal picture on the left side of this page will also take you there if you click on it), a truly mind-blowing and awe-inspiring collection of her tales, and recommendations, from all the places she's visited & explored! Now, what would all of that have to do with a fun blog on bare feet, toes, & crazy pedicures, you ask? Wellllllll, it just so happens that, while Jen was in traveling/exploring in Cambodia, she visited a spa that offered fish pedicures! Where the fish in the tank chow down on the dead skin on your feet, while you soak! I am gonna let Jen tell the tale in her own words, from the Cambodia section of her blog, in "Special Trips":  
     "...One of the more obscure activities available in this country was the Fish Spa!  In the evening outside on the streets of Siam Reap you are able to pay a few bucks, haul your butt up on a 2×4 resting over a human sized fish tank filled with small or medium sized fish (depending on your nibble preference!) and get a Fish Pedicure!  Once you grab your cocktail and put your well-traveled kicks in the water the fish flock to your feet, and the areas screaming for much needed attention in particular, and start to chew away the dead and dry skin.  Hmmm, not something I would do all the time, I still kinda prefer the actual salon.  However, when my little guys came out of the water they were smooth as if 10 cosmeticians had been exfoliating for 3 hours!  Impressive!
      I had read in multiple places, that the fish pedicure experience tickles a LOT, and had seen two different TV news reports where the reporters trying it out both started cracking up laughing when the fish started snacking. But I am definitely curious as to whether or not a "fish pedi" tickles as much as an Asian girl with a pumice scrubby-stone and evil (funny) intentions! LOL! I  guess the only way to truly find out is to find a place here that offers it, and just jump in, give it a try! However, I asked Jen to rate the ticklishness, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not ticklish at all, 10 being crazy, laughing ticklish). She continues: 
     "...It was a cross between tickly and weird. I mean they were nibbling the dead skin off so it was peculiar...plus the way you are sitting over the tank, I felt like I was waiting to be dunked or something. And then you're in the middle of a busy Asian thoroughfare, with thai food smells wafting past you in the air. An odd combination. But a 7 on ticklishness, I think! I was giggling like a kid, kinda embarrassed. If you like your toes sucked or nibbled, then you would like this!" ...Now THAT, my friends, is hilarious! Thanks, Jen! .. Remember that website: www.adventuretravelgal.com.. Check it out, subscribe to her blog, and prepare to be mesmerized & have a strong desire to actually get out there and explore! And, on the day I find a place close by that offers this unique experience, I'm ALL in! ...And, yes, I WILL post a video! ;)


LOOK AT THE SIGN IN THE BACKGROUND! "NO PIRANHA!" ..Gee, thanks for clearing that up!!


  
"Nom Nom Nom..."

No comments:

Post a Comment